Please keep in mind that schedules and plans are subject to change depending on assemblies, drills, teacher absences, and other circumstances.
Learning Target: I can choose books that are appropriate for me based on my reading level, information needs, and interests.
- Students return books in the book drop upon entering the Media Center.
- LMS explains Learning Target and Activities for the day. For this week's specific activities Click Here.
- Students browse for Just Right books to checkout based on Lexile, the Five Finger Rule, and other techniques. Students also use Destiny Quest (OPAC) to locate materials.
- Students checkout books and read independently, with a partner, or in a small group in designated areas of the library depending on their preferences.
- When the music begins to play, students finish making their selections and make their way back to the library tables.
- Students review their Learning Target and line up to exit the Media Center.
1.1.8 Demonstrate mastery of technology tools for accessing information and pursuing inquiry.
4.1.1 Read, view, and listen for pleasure and personal growth.
4.2.4 Show an appreciation for literature by electing to read for pleasure and expressing an interest in various literary genres.
4.4.1 Identify own areas of interest.
4.1.2 Read widely and fluently to make connections with self, the world, and previous reading.